Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Getting Ready for Guests

We have guests coming to our home this weekend. So, of course, I'm cleaning and getting ready for them! I usually make a list as I get down to the wire so I don't forget anything. Here's what I have done so far:

  • Made a grocery list and meal plan through the weekend
  • Pulled bedding off bed
  • Washed and dried sheets and put back on bed
  • Currently washing quilt and blanket
  • Set current time on alarm clock
I have quite a bit left to do, so I might as well put my list here:
  • Set up twin bed
  • Wash twin bedding 
  • Put twin bedding on bed
  • Clean shower
  • Clean toilet, sink and mirror
  • Put plastic liner bag in bathroom trash can
  • Set out clean towels in bathroom
  • Dust bedroom furniture including blinds
  • Vacuum entire basement
  • Sweep and mop kitchen floor
  • Clean out litter box
  • Cut up fruit
Those are the basics that must get done and they will. I have three days to work on it. Some things can get done over the next several days and a few of those are for the last few hours before their arrival. What is interesting is that I have grand ideas about getting my bathroom painted, rearranging furniture, cleaning carpet and adding a landscaping bed. Oh my! I do want to get these things done, but they sure don't need to be done right before my guests arrived. They are just happy to be visiting and have a place to stay. They don't care about my furniture arrangement and they won't see my bathroom, so I will be squashing all those extra ideas to keep things manageable and less stressful.

I'm making pasta, corn on the cob and watermelon for dinner. The next morning, I will offer cereal, bagels and toast with juice. I think I will likely have them here for lunch, also. I plan to offer the fixings for sandwiches. I will have more cut up fruit available for those meals as well. This seems simple enough to have ready and will provide everyone with options they are willing to eat. 

Do you make a list when getting ready for guests? Do you avoid having guests because of the preparation? 

No comments:

Post a Comment