Thursday, June 12, 2014

Sick, But Keeping Up

I've been sick the last few days. Yesterday, I had absolutely no energy. I could get up to do something, but felt run down very soon after. Thus most of the day was on the couch! This is not how I wanted to start summer.

The house has remained intact because of a few things:

1) I have reminded my girls that this summer they need to remember to put their dirty dishes directly into the dishwasher. They are teens and it shouldn't be my job to get them in there when they are perfectly capable.

2) I have become an adopter of running my dishwasher at night and emptying it in the morning thanks to reading A Slob Comes Clean. I didn't actually unload it until 4pm yesterday, thus the girls couldn't didn't move their items to the dishwasher. I did remind my husband to start the dishwasher before he came to bed both Tuesday and Wednesday night.

3) My husband noticed we needed to do a load of laundry last night he started and got it transferred to the dryer. It was still my job to get it put away this morning, but I'm thankful he was willing to start laundry.

4) Erasing the evidence. Despite having zero energy, I did take a few seconds to clean up my tissues, recycle my water bottles, and the newspaper. Just the little bit of effort to remove those things makes a big difference.

There is a pile of things at the top of the basement steps that I need to take down, but that isn't a priority and it is a relatively neat stack. So I'm not exactly company ready, but things are pretty well in order for having been sick for a few days.

It is never fun to not feel well enough to do the things we want to do. I think we do have the right to let it all go if that is what works, our health is the most important. I have found a little tidying in the midst of being sick keeps my stress level down. Do you have a routine for when you are sick, or do you really just let it all go?

No comments:

Post a Comment