Friday, October 3, 2014

31 Days of Decluttering

I'm going to follow a couple blogs out there in blog land that are doing 31 Days of Decluttering. One titled it 31 Days to Less, and another calls it 31 Days of Purging (not sure I like that one!). I'm a little late to the party, so I will do my best to catch up and follow along. I may stray from the plan on various days if I find I have a different, but needed area to declutter.

The first assignment is to declutter the entry way. I plan to have this complete today and posted later, so check back if this is the first post you are seeing. The area gets cluttered when the girls come home, but I have an idea to help that slightly.

Feel free to join in and follow along. I'd love to hear comments on what you decluttered, or how you were inspired!

1 comment:

  1. When we downsized from house to condo I joined a group with a popular thread named 'Branches.' Each week emphasis is given one particular room of home segment [Branch] like Entry + Laundry, Lv Rm, D Rm, Bthrms + Porch, Kitchen + patio/Deck/Back Porch, DKs Bdrms + closet, Guest Rm + closet MBDRM + closet & Room of Choice ie. Home Office, Craft Rm, Attic, Garage, Pantry etc. The idea is to spend a minimum of 20 minutes each day in the named branch [rm] de-cluttering, putting items where needed, cleaning and polishing. We recognize that some rooms will need several round robins to complete.

    Most interesting is the definition or criteria used to define clutter. Anything that is unused and no longer needed. Items that no longer serve you or disappointed by not fulfilling their hype. Items that are broken, ripped, missing buttons, stained, zipper broken, elastic sprung, hem down etc. are retained for remediation for only two pay cycles. If not done the likelihood is nearly zero. Items itchy, uncomfortable, disliked etc. in good condition need to be sold, re-gifted or donated [with a list] for a tax deduction.

    ReplyDelete