Monday, October 6, 2014

Areas to Declutter In October

I'm behind on this October decluttering challenge. It's okay. We are pretty busy, and I have not made the time to attend to this project like I want. In reality, I know that decluttering takes a very small amount of time. I just haven't done it!

The blogs I'm following Living Well, Spending Less and A Bowl Full of Lemons have so far listed these areas to declutter or purge:

  • Entry Way
  • Living Room
  • Mail
  • Magazines
  • Video Games and DVDs
  • Pantry Food
  • Dresser Drawers
  • Toys
  • Cleaners 
  • MakeUp
I did get the Entry Way done last week. I will probably not declutter cleaners or makeup. This is because I really have the bare minimum needed in these two areas. I'm most likely to dig in the pantry and dresser drawers to find stuff I no longer need. The toys we have are not as extensive as we once had, since the girls are teens now. However, there are toys lurking in closets. I will make a point to at least discuss the topic of toys they might have and are ready to let go of. We do like to keep some things around for when young kids visit. 

Once I have an area complete, I will report back!

Will you declutter one or more of these spaces or items? Which would be the easiest? Which would be the hardest for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment