Saturday, November 15, 2014

November Meal Plan Complete!

Thanks Amy for the inspiration...I know I inspired you, but I finally got to this task today!

Today, I planned all the meals I will be preparing at home for the month of November. That's more than half the month! I didn't really take too long. We don't have any big events this month, other than visiting my parents for Thanksgiving. That means there are at least three evening meals that I didn't need to account for. Even easier!

I included take out pizza for the evening we return from Thanksgiving weekend festivities. I have a coupon that expires right before that and is good for a free pizza when one is purchased. I made sure to include some soups that are easy to throw together. One of them I'm making this weekend and will freeze for much later in the month.

Once I had all the meals planned, I made a list for the grocery store to purchase items through next Friday. I actually did the shopping today, too! I was able to purchase a few more items from my holiday baking list as well. Since it is expected to snow this weekend, I was motivated to just get it done so I don't have to be out driving in the snow.

Here are some of the meals I'm making through the end of the month:

Pasta with roasted vegetables
Taco Dip
Tortellini and Vegetable soup
Pancakes and Eggs
Five Bean Chili
Homemade pizza
Chicken Fajitas
Moroccan Lentil Soup
Salad and rolls
Salmon, couscous and salad

I'm sure several of these will be repeated in the month of December, but I know I will be adding another soup: Chicken Tortilla soup. I haven't had that one in a long time!

Baking list update:

1 bag of all purpose flour
1 bag of sugar
1 bag of brown sugar
1 bag of powdered sugar
3 lbs of butter (I got one pound)
18 eggs (I got 12 eggs)
2 cans of pumpkin
raspberry jam (may not need)
peanut butter
marshmallow creme
2 bags mint chocolate chips
1 bag semi sweet chocolate chips
Crispix cereal
2 large cans whipped cream
cloves
candy canes

Only got some eggs and some of the butter because I'd like the price to be lower and I don't need them quite yet anyway. Same with the candy canes! And I would have picked up the canned whipped cream but the store didn't have it in stock. :(

I ordered two more gifts online today. And several gifts I ordered earlier in the week arrived in the mail. It feels good to have so many things arriving already!

Christmas is beginning to feel less stressful! How are you feeling about your preparations for Thanksgiving and/or Christmas?





1 comment:

  1. I think I'm pretty organised for Christmas this year. I've got almost all of the presents in, I will be getting the rest in over the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete