Tuesday, November 25, 2014

The Latest Project

I've owned a piece of barn wood for over a year. It has just been hanging out in our garage. This spring I realized that I wanted to use some of it for making a coat rack, the kind with knobs that hangs on the wall. It was way too long though!

This spring we rented a saw to cut some crown molding to put on the top of our laundry room cabinets. I made sure to get this piece of barn wood cut to a shorter length at the same time. Not too much later, I found some knobs I liked at Hobby Lobby at 50% off, which made them two dollars each.

Unfortunately, that is as far as the project when until this past Sunday! We just put it off, or made other things the priority. And that is fine, but I'm so glad we came back to it. We were motivated after a friend sent a picture of a rack she just put up and mentioned Hobby Lobby knobs. I asked how she was able to cut the long screws the knobs had...and this put us on the path to finishing the project.

I don't have before pictures, but here are the two after pictures:



This is hung in our laundry room. I expect coats to be hung here after shoveling (so they can air dry), or laundry that needs to air dry can be placed here. And it could be extra space for some coats when we have guests as well. Otherwise, I think it just looks like art. And it makes me happy!

I'm so thrilled to have this project complete. I really didn't think it would be completed before the end of the year but now that it is I am super glad! 

Do you have a project you are in the middle of? How long since you worked on it? Any chance it will be done before the end of the year? 




No comments:

Post a Comment