I have a quick challenge for you this weekend. You get to chose what is right for you. I'm just putting a few ideas out there as a jump start to our January decluttering goals.
- Find a place for your new items. I received a new coat (to wear to the gym) and it is now hanging in the closet.
- Return gifts you will not use if you know where they were purchased or have the receipt for. I think I have at least one item that I will return on Sunday.
- Donate gifts you absolutely will not use and don't have the ability to return. Don't feel guilt. Free empowered that you know what you want in your house!!
- Find ten items this weekend to release from your home. Toss them in the trash or put them in your designated donation spot. And if you are really motivated, take them to your local charity.
- Did you put away the extra bows, boxes and gift bags you want to keep? Make sure they are at least near the ones you didn't use this year!
If you feel compelled to share what you did, please do so in the comments. I'd love to hear! I'm sure others would as well. Hearing how others are doing can be so motivating. Good luck everyone. I'm cheering for you!