I do feel good about what I accomplished yesterday even though not as much as I wanted to do.
- Got prescription for cat (and was able to force it down her throat!)
- Ran two loads of laundry (resulting from ill cat)
- Swept kitchen floor
- Wrapped four more gifts
- Prepared two more packages for mailing
- Made myself tea and took a 10 minute break with eyes closed
I expect to feel quite a bit better after today, since one of my goals is to do some planning and list making. The first list is what I plan to do today, which I will share:
- Help at school plating cookies for the bake sale
- Take packages to the post office
- Wash girls sheets
- Clean our bathroom
- Vacuum and dust
- Make meal plan through end of year
- Make grocery lists
- Write an email to mom and sister about their visit
- Make a list of tasks for each day before Christmas
- Finish reading a book
I think the list above will help me stay focused on what I want to accomplish. I will probably even do most of that in the same order I have listed it above. :) If I can make my list about what I will accomplish each day before Christmas, I think it will all be more manageable. Then my mind can relax, and I can throw away those random lists with tasks and things to remember!
Here is a little tip, if you aren't big into holiday baking it is okay to purchase them already made from the store, or even buy prepackaged dough and frosting. Just last night I made some sugar cookies and added peppermint frosting. Both were purchased from the store, but felt festive without all the work!
What can you do today that will help you relax and be more focused? Are you feeling overwhelmed? Do you need to do everything on your list or can you let some things go?
I'm considering a decluttering challenge of some sort in January. Do you have ideas on what kind of challenge you might be interested in? Should I start a Facebook page for it, so we can cheer each other on?