Thursday, December 4, 2014

Volunteering, Baking and More

My plan this season was to volunteer in a few places. I have committed to one so far, or two depending on how you look at it. I'm going to bake 5 dozen cookies for a bake sale that is raising money for our school district's music association. I also committed to help plate the cookies the morning of the sale. It should go pretty fast, and is easy to do.

The hardest part of that commitment is baking the cookies. However, I choose to look at it as something fun! Rather than a chore. I already have mint chocolate chip bars in my freezer. I plan to add to this stash of cookies with some Jam Print cookies. My daughter usually makes them or we work together. I hope that she will be open to helping me Friday night or Saturday. I will plan to do them earlier and freeze if she isn't interested in participating.  The really good news about this is I planned ahead last month and decided what I wanted to make and bought all the ingredients. I'm ready to go!

In other holiday progress news, I completed my sewing project. I think it took me less than an hour. Maybe slightly more because I did need to set up and put away my sewing supplies. I considered making more than just the doll blanket and pillow shown below, but decided that more didn't necessarily make the gift better. I knew it would add slightly to my stress since I wanted it to be a simple gift to whip up. In the end it was!



I'm also doing some more preparations for next week. We have a short out of town trip and then a few days after we return my parents are here for one night. Since I have my menu planned for next week, I need to make the list of groceries needed. The list will come in handy when I shop on Saturday. I put the guest sheets in the wash today and will have them back on the guest bed by the end of the day. A quick vacuum and wiped down of the bathroom will just be needed the day of their arrival.

I hope you are planning ahead for the things you need to do and want to do. This time of year does not need to be stressful and frantic. One task at a time, one day at a time, what is the priority will get done.



No comments:

Post a Comment