Sunday, December 21, 2014

Went Into Relaxing Mode and to the Mall

Yep, I went into relaxing mode. It's the weekend, so why not! I didn't end up at the grocery store like I expected, since I realized a simple package of ground sausage could bring our evening meal to fruition. I ask my husband run in for that and we made homemade pizza for dinner. Yummy!

Earlier in the day, I managed to have a slow and relaxing morning. After lunch we dropped one of our daughter's at the movie theater to meet friends. We proceeded to run a few errands. Unfortunately they were in a very busy shopping area of town. We bought ornaments for our second tree, a new pair of running shoes for my husband and birthday cards for the first half of 2015! My daughter bought a poster frame for some of her artwork.

Oh, we ended up at the mall so I could use my Hallmark coupon. I found it on their Facebook page this morning. It was worth $5 off a $10 purchase. I bought eleven 99 cent cards, for nearly half off! That is a decent deal and it is nice to have cards on hand, so it is easy to get them sent off when the birthday arrives. I had printed off three extra coupons, and ended up handing them to three different people in the store that appeared to be spending more than $10. They all seemed very pleased to be offered a $5 coupon!

Sunday will be for:
  • Vacuuming (yes, really!)
  • Decorating tree
  • Groceries
  • Cooking a turkey
  • Wash two sets of sheets to get ready for guests
I have my grocery list mostly ready, so I hope to get to the store early in the day. The rest shouldn't be too hard or take up too much of my time. I may a little portion of my day planning the first couple days of the week, so I know what needs to get done.

I was thinking about the upcoming decluttering challenge (what should it be? any type that would motivate you the most?). In preparation for it, you might consider finding a box or at least a spot where you will put your no longer wanted items. I often find that once I receive some new gifts I can find some old things to let go of. It is good to know now where you will put those items. You might also consider if you will make a point to donate them before year end or just wait for sometime next month. If it is still before year end, which day will that be?

And if you happen to think of anything to let go BEFORE Christmas, go get it now, while you are thinking about it, and put it in that designated spot, box or bag. Just yesterday, I decided I could let go of a t shirt I haven't worn in...well over a year. If I find anything to declutter before the end of the year, I will be sure to let you know about it! :)

Did you relax today or yesterday? Did you end up at the mall? Did you have a designated donation spot? Any chance you decluttered any thing recently?

3 comments:

  1. Any type of decluttering will help me, it doesn't feel like I've been getting rid of things for a few months, I'm always finding something. I was hoping to be sorted by the time I go back to work in a few months, or at least have less stuff to sort through. DH is away to the clothes recycling at Tesco tomorrow with at least six bags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a whole house to declutter, so anything and anything sounds great, ha!

    I've already got a box ready for stuff to get rid of, as we did family Christmas with my mom's side of the family yesterday and there were a few things that I just cannot use. It's a big box, too, but small enough to fit easily in the truck to take away! I can't wait to fill it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be pondering a few options over the next several days and announce the plan for January before the end of the year. I've got to get ready to move which means digging deep to get rid of stuff that doesn't need to move with us.

    ReplyDelete