We had guests until about 1 o'clock on Sunday. After they left I went into clean up mode! Here's what I accomplished after they left:
- Ran dishwasher and cleaned remaining dishes
- Started a load of laundry consisting of napkins, place mats, dish and bath towels. I later started two more loads consisting of more bath towels and sheets. I have even put all that laundry away!
- Swept the kitchen floor
- Tossed some trash and recycled quite a few items
- Removed table leaves and four chairs
- Cleaned table top
- Deflated and rolled up an air bed
- Moved two chairs back to our garage
- Pulled a few items I stashed in a closet back out...so they won't go missing for months!
- My husband took care of cleaning the carpet on our steps due to a spill over the weekend
Oh, there was probably a little bit more I did, but in the process of cleaning up I did try to keep my eyes open for a few things that need to be donated or tossed. I didn't find ten, as my own challenge suggested. I found four items.
- A plastic cup
- A small blue vase
- Old cat treats
- A spatula (I mentioned this last week)
I received a coat for Christmas, which I have hung up in the closet. I have decided to return (maybe exchange) the two other items. I also forgot this was part of my own challenge, so the returns have not been completed, but will be done very soon. I am happy to say that all gift bags, boxes and bows are completely put away!
I'm really just happy that we were able to get cleaned up so well after a visit with guests. It almost doesn't seem like they were here at least from physically looking around. Even the gifts received were put away!
As the week begins, I need to decide about how much longer to keep our Christmas tree up (it's artificial). Do I want it to be up through New Year's Eve? Do I want it down before then? I don't quite know yet? When do you take down your holiday decorations?