Tuesday, January 6, 2015

So Many Ideas for Decluttering

I've had so many ideas for blog posts in the last week. I think I only remembered to write two of the ideas down. And this post isn't one of them. (Now I need to learn how to organize blog ideas). However, I have been able to keep this one in my mind, which must mean it is suppose to be written!

Our challenge this month is to spend a little time decluttering each day. It may mean we only find one thing that can go. It may mean we spend less than a minute on decluttering. If we find more, or spend more time, that is great too. But what if you are wondering what to declutter and you have no ideas?! It happens...clutter is probably there, but it isn't jumping out at you as clutter today. I'm here to help with some ideas on places or things to consider looking for that lurking clutter.

All ideas in random order:

  • Purse or wallet
  • Make up bag or drawer
  • Utensil drawer
  • Top of your fridge
  • An end table or coffee table
  • Shoes
  • Junk drawer or basket
  • Pantry
  • Kitchen counter
  • Utensil drawer
  • Refrigerator and freezer
  • Kitchen table
  • Socks and underwear
  • Medicine cabinet
  • File cabinet
  • Magazines
  • Photos
  • Greeting cards
  • Stationary
  • School supplies
  • Towels (kitchen and bath)
  • Books and textbooks
  • Vases
  • Gift wrap
  • Children's toys
  • DVDs and CDs
  • Coffee cups
  • Dishes
  • Small appliances
  • Receipts
  • Instruction manuals
  • Old checks
  • Utility statements
  • Unused or unloved decorations
  • Old electronics
  • Desk drawer
  • Pencils and pens
  • Craft and sewing supplies
  • Baking pans
  • Outerwear/coat closet
  • Party supplies
  • Pet supplies
  • Cleaning supplies
  • Bed linens
  • Under a sink
  • A shelf
  • Under a bed
  • In a closet
  • Drawers
  • Cupboards
  • Samples from stores or hotels
  • Car (glove box/trunk)
  • School backpacks
  • Swimwear
  • Outdoor toys
  • Tools 
Oh really, I could go on and on!! 

I do hope I may have sparked an idea, or given you a few places to look for clutter. I wrote the list and then kept adding new ideas to it! Want to help add more places to look? 

Just brain storming the list helped me think of a few items that need to go. Specifically, some ice packs in the freezer I really dislike and fabric book covers we haven't used in three years. I will probably come back to this list sometime this month when I'm stuck for something to declutter. I hope you will too. And read the comments, too, for more ideas my amazing readers may have!

Did the list spark an idea for you?

2 comments:

  1. There's a lot I need to declutter from the list: makeup, top of fridge, utensil drawer.
    The entrance to your home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great list of places to check! I do know that I don't have to do the books, as those are all done! I took a box to Powell's today and have the leftovers to drop off at Goodwill on Thursday (and the box is still in the truck, and it needs to be out before I get groceries, so no excuses!).
    And so far as the blog post organization? Brain dump! Just write down all the ideas as they come to you, and schedule from there! I Love having a list of things to post about at the ready - means I can plan out a week the week before, and not have to worry about it!!

    ReplyDelete