Thursday, January 22, 2015

The Paper Progress Report

I have to give you a mid project update on my project for January: the big paper purge! It has been a bigger project than I expected, but at the same time I have had better results that I expected, too.

There is a mess in the middle of most projects. This one is no exception. I have done my best to keep things in piles and get paper shredded and out to the garage pretty quickly. That helps!

This pile goes back into the filing cabinet

I'd like these in the file cabinet, but if not back into ONE box.

We have had duplicate and triplicate copies of papers. Papers stacked a several feet high.We have found papers in places we didn't expect (or I didn't). Those were in with my husband's Army clothing! We have ended up with:


  • Empty folders. 



  • Empty boxes.



  • Bags and bags of shredded paper. So much that we are approaching week FOUR of putting shredded paper in our trash can! 


The project isn't done as you can see. I need to put the files I thinned out back into our metal filing cabinet. In the process, I may be able to combine some folders! This will mean more empty folders, which I think will end up getting recycled too.




I then need to address the folders that are used even more frequently than the ones I have already tackled. These are in a drawer in my desk. I also think there are some random folders laying around on the desk. Here's where the desk stands before I get to work on it.

Folders on top of desk

Folders stacked on pull out tray

And...a whole other cabinet full of files and papers!

I do feel like I need to pick up the pace a little bit before the month end. I still have quite a bit to do and I'm determined to be done purging paper before the month ends. I do have, you, my readers motivating me to keep going. I know you want to see results! And I want to see them especially after making so much progress already.

Do you think the project that you started working on will be completed by month end? If not, are you satisfied with your progress so far? I say let's keep pushing to the end of the month. We have less than 10 days until the end of the month so consider looking at your project and seeing what you can accomplish in each of those ten days. But no worries, I'm still going to cheer you on if you just declutter a little each day. It does add up!!




6 comments:

  1. No, you are doing amazing with your paper purge though. I'll try and get as much done as I can in the next nine days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any progress you do get done will be well worth it!

      Delete
  2. Inspiring! My basement was the plan ... and still is, though I have to be realistic. It is looking worse for wear since Christmas is down there, but I am in the process of going through t=all items, so I anticipate longer-reaching success since Xmas 2015 will at least be organized and inventoried. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting Christmas packed up and organized for next year is often a huge task by itself, so that will be good to have that done!

      Delete
  3. With as much as you have done, there should be no worries about finishing by a certain date! You've spent time just about every day working on this huge project - and if that means that it's not done by the 31st, so be it. It's not like you've been setting it aside!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is true Jessica! It helped me to have a deadline to keep moving along on the project. I'm pretty sure I will be done before the month is over, but no tears if I don't!

      Delete