Saturday, February 21, 2015

Combining Like Items Together

I'm working on getting my basement storage looking it's best as we get closer to listing our home for sale. I noticed I had several holiday items on the shelves. They were scattered about on the shelves which seemed a little messy to me. The picture below is how the shelves looked earlier this month. And the holiday items are probably a little hard to see, but they are there!


I gathered two Easter baskets with plastic eggs, a Fourth of July table decoration and a small bin of Halloween items. 


I placed them all in one empty bin. It seems there is plenty of space to add some valentine decorations at the end of the month when I'm done displaying them.


I then placed the blue bin neatly on the shelf, under my black photo boxes!  Ah better. And much, much neater. You might notice some other items missing from the shelf the blue bin is now located. Many of those were kitchen items that I have relocated to...the kitchen! I'm in the process of moving things around in the cupboards to make sure it all works.


Do you have any like items that could be combined together? Where do you store your holiday decorations?

5 comments:

  1. I was reading this post again this morning and realized most of that stuff doesn't get used. But we will keep for now in case it become important to the kids at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm intrigued, what decorations are on display for Valetine's?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are two heart shaped magnets on our fridge. A pink stuffed bear with hearts and a white stuffed dog with red heart collar in our entry way. There is a red heart shaped stone on a night stand and a lace heart doilie on another nightstand. Just little reminders about the holiday. When our kids were much younger we would have a ton of cut out hearts taped everywhere!

      Delete
  3. The only holiday decorations we have are for Christmas, and those are a bit scattered about. Some of it is still up (because it's for Christmas, but not necessarily so much so that it doesn't work all year!), but the little tree is in the hall closet, and the ornaments are in a box in the bedroom (all four ornaments I have xD). If I did have enough worth actually mentioning, though, they would be all together in one place. Grew up with the Christmas stuff in the hall closet, in a large bin or two, and it just makes sense :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think once we don't have kids the 'other' holiday decorations will be eliminated. They are teens no so not too big of a deal now, likely could get rid of that entire bin, but you never know if one my want to throw a Halloween party in two years!

      Delete