Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Wednesday 15 - March 4, 2015

The Wednesday 15!

I'm challenging you to find 15 items you can remove from your home, preferably not just basic household trash, but if you must it can count too. Is there a penalty for not meeting the goal? Of course not. One thing is better than none, right? Is there a reward for meeting the goal. Yes, the joy of finding more space in your home for things you love. Notice how you feel letting these items go that you just don't need. Often it is a feeling of satisfaction and peace. 


I procured my Wednesday 15 over the course of the last week. I seemed to find one or two things each day, which seems to work the best for me in order to find things. Here's what I found:
  • Step stool (covered in paint)
  • Large Unabridged Dictionary
  • Beach Boys CD
  • Bandanna
  • Four tea cups with stains on the inside (sold the others!)
  • Wedding/engagement cards
  • Men's dress shoes
  • One pair each of women's and men's jeans 
  • Body wash 


The jeans and the shoes in that pile where actually replaced with new items, luckily the rest were not!

I did make a Goodwill run last month and expect by the end of March I will have some more to take. It seems best to make an effort to drop off items once a month if I am finding them at this pace. If I was a bit slower it likely could wait longer. I also have the motivation of home selling, so don't want extra stuff hanging around either!!

Feel free to share your Wednesday 15 here in the comments or on the Organized Friends Facebook page. I rooting for you and your accomplishments in getting your home the way you desire!

No comments:

Post a Comment