Thursday, September 3, 2015

Spontaneous Organizing

My organizing yesterday was completely spontaneous. I didn't plan it. It just happened. I noticed this dresser in our bonus room and all the things laying about. It was an eye sore in its current condition. I couldn't stand it anymore! So I set in to do something about it.



I started by clearing most of the top. The can of air, packing tape and two fan remotes went to our hanging shoe holder on the back of the door in the bonus room. I also found a screw to something, but it became trash. 

I ended up doing a swap of things next. I took the Christmas wrapping and gift bags located in the bottom drawer and put them in with the rolls of wrapping paper I have in that bin next to the dresser in the picture. I did pull some items out in the process to get rid of (which I showed on yesterday's blog post). I located this wrapping paper container under a twin bed we currently have in our bonus room. Now it is out of sight!! The bottom drawer became a place to put mailing materials, which for right now isn't too many. But that means they are out of the way as well.

After a little adjustment of the entire dresser and moving a few items to it. It now looks like this: 


It's a place to put our phone, printer and plug in our shredder nearby. I propped the picture up on the printer for now, but may hang it or something else above that area. It isn't exactly what I want, but it is an improvement! And yes, if you have the eagle eye, there were two other picture frames propped up near the dresser in the first picture. I moved those for now, behind the door in our bonus room. 

Have you done any spontaneous organizing lately? Did it turn out well? What sparked it for you?


No comments:

Post a Comment