Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Wednesday 15 - September 2, 2015

The Wednesday 15!

I'm challenging you to find 15 items you can remove from your home, preferably not just basic household trash, but if you must it can count too. Is there a penalty for not meeting the goal? Of course not. One thing is better than none, right? Is there a reward for meeting the goal. Yes, the joy of finding more space in your home for things you love. Notice how you feel letting these items go that you just don't need. Often it is a feeling of satisfaction and peace. 


Welcome back to Wednesday 15! I'm glad to be back and hoping I can get into my routine again of seeking out clutter that we don't need in our home. I hope it will inspire you to go looking for a few minutes and see what you can find. We all have something that no longer has use or meaning to us.

My finds this week were from many areas of the house. I spotted two shirts early in the week that I do like, but are stained and really shouldn't be worn. I'm sure I have more that would fall into a similar category, but I'm not quite ready to let go of those yet.



Some items that are leaving the house are a result of getting new replacement items. I suppose some would say it doesn't count, but it does! If we get new and never replace the old version those will take up more and more space in our home. I bought a new purse since mine was showing major wear on the handles and corners. I bought more ankle socks since some old ones were stretched out. And the shoelaces were a second pair included with a pair of my daughter's new shoes. The old shoes are going also (they just didn't make it into the picture)!

I did a quick peek in a keepsake bin and pulled out a small box containing a few necklaces. A necklace with my high school logo, an owl necklace and a cross that I forgot I had! I decided to donate the first two and put the third one with my jewelry. I do plan to keep going through my keepsake bin to thin things out. I won't get rid of everything, but I sure know that many things inside there aren't really needed any longer.

And finally, I did a little organizing in our bonus room. As a result of that, I found some wrapping paper that I bought last minute last year. It is so cheap and tears easily, it is just not fun to use. And I did buy better quality paper after the season on sale, so I have the kind I like back in stock. I have two spools of pink ribbon...I kept one for now, even though I'm not sure I need that one even. Baby steps seem to help me at times when I'm not sure I need to let go.

Oh, I thought that was it! I see there is a cup (left by the owners) that we won't use. I also pulled out some of the liners in our kitchen drawers. They just aren't working out. And anything else you see in the picture was trash that I found in the process of completing my Wednesday 15 hunt this week.

As always, feel free to share your Wednesday 15 here in the comments, or post on the Organized Friends Facebook Page. You can also share any time. It doesn't have to be on Wednesday. That's just what seems to work for me!!

I plan to have another post for you tomorrow. Come back and take a look!


No comments:

Post a Comment