Friday, November 6, 2015

2015 Baking Ingredient List

I have my  holiday grocery list for baking complete!

It took more time that it probably should have. I did look at my list from last year. Then I started to wonder if I made that list based on some things I already had on hand. I do think that was the case for a few ingredients. And I did the same this year and found some items already are on hand, specifically powdered sugar.




This is the grocery list for this year;

candy canes  (yes one item complete already!)
whipped cream
1 5 lb bag of flour
4 pounds of butter
1 bag white sugar
1 bag brown sugar
24 oz of peanut butter
1 dozen eggs
1 can pumpkin
1 box Crispix cereal
1 bag semi sweet chocolate chips
2 bags mint chocolate chips
2 cans evaporated milk
1 7 oz jar of marshmallow cream




Ugh! Just like last year I feel sick looking at those ingredients. At least I won't be eating it all by myself. And if half is given away even better!

I find it helpful to start working on the list a bit each time I go to the store in the next few weeks. It just feels like less out of pocket when I do it this way. It would be easier to buy it all at once and I would probably recommend that if you are really going for the simplest route. Although I suppose simple could mean no baking and no buying treats! Your choice do what is right for you.

We will be away for Thanksgiving and home for Christmas. I expect another grocery list for our meal will be needed as we get closer, but I expect that will be purchased closer to the big day.

Will you take some time (maybe 20 minutes) this month to make a list for your holiday food items?

As a bonus, when I was looking up recipes, I found three booklets that can be recycled: a descriptive brochure of Kitchen Aid Mixer attachments, a registration for the Kitchen Aid Mixer, and rather large recipe booklet from a local hospital. The recipe booklet has good recipes, but I haven't made any of them in the whole time I've had it...so time to go. Doesn't hurt to declutter while we are planning, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment