Sunday, November 15, 2015

Christmas Preparation Progress

It doesn't feel like Christmas yet, but my planning for it is coming right along. I thought you might like a recap of what I have done since the beginning of November. 
  • Made a gift list (and checked out budget for each)
  • Gathered gift ideas from our daughters
  • Planned holiday baking, including list of all ingredients
  • Scheduled holiday baking 
  • Decided to send eCards 
  • Addressed, stamped and signed the three physical cards we will mail
  • Bought ingredients for first round of baking
  • Checked holiday lights, and recycled those that were no longer usable
  • Bought one new set of holiday lights
  • Checked holiday wrapping for needs (there were none!)
Christmas Cactus. I inherited one when I moved to our new home.
However it isn't blooming, so this picture is the next best thing!

In addition to all those tasks, I also started shopping for gifts. I only have a few so far. I've been doing a lot of my shopping and browsing online in order to find the right item and at the price I'm willing to pay. I also started working on a photo book. And I expect to do more work on the photo book and more shopping in the next week to make a bigger dent in our shopping.

I'm looking forward to baking this week. I'm going to make two loaves of banana bread first since it seems the least holiday related. I make it so many other times of the year, too. I'm also going to make two pans of mint chocolate chip bars. I can get 60 small bars out of each pan. Except for a few bites of the bars, I expect to freeze everything for use later in December. 

I need to take some time to do a little planning for the gifts I will need to mail in December. I'm going to make sure I have the right box, picking up free Flat Rate boxes at the Post Office if necessary. I will be at the post office tomorrow mailing a package, so it will be convenient to pick up what I need then. I also want to make note of mailing dates that are suggested as deadlines. I believe I also need packing tape, so I need to get that on my list. As of now, I only expect to mail two gifts, so very manageable! 

Do you have any progress to report with your Christmas planning? Will you need to mail any packages this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment