Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Homemade Fleece Scarves

I picked up three yards of fleece fabric from Joanne's Fabric this weekend with the intent to make scarves for all the women and girls on my side of the family. Specifically, for six of us. I also must admit that I'm writing this post before I start the project. The plan is to make six scarves out of three layers of different colored fleece. These will be in the colors of my daughter's college and the team we all cheer on each year.

I'm going to follow this tutorial. I will prep the scarves by cutting the fabric and sewing the layers together. It will be up to each of us to cut the fringe along the length of the scarf during our time together on Thanksgiving.



I paid about $5.50 per yard, so around $16.50 for all three yards. These three yards will net SIX scarves, which is $2.75 each! Quite the deal!! 

I think these are so cute and would make great gifts for teachers (in school colors, of course), coworkers, sisters, neighbor friends and young children. 

Do you have plans to make anything for holiday gifts this year? If so, what are you making? 

No comments:

Post a Comment