Saturday, December 12, 2015

Don't Save Boxes!

Remember I mentioned I was selling on eBay recently, AND buying gifts online? Well part of those events resulted in this:

Boxes Everywhere!!



And we put up our tree and decided we really should find a bag for our tree. It's box has been through enough...after 30 years! Luckily, we think the tree still looks pretty great!


Yesterday, since the weather was gorgeous, I decided to spend about 10 minutes breaking the boxes down to prepare them for recycling. There were even boxes inside of boxes (at least in that box for the sound bar). 


All ready to be dropped off for recycling! We do have pick up here, it is just on a different day then trash and not every week, thus we forget to put it out. 


I saved one box. And I'm only saving it for a specific item I may try to sell. If I decide not to sell, I'm going to let it go! The truth is one can usually find a box when needed. The post office in the US offers Free Priority Mail boxes. And I've noticed they are a pretty good deal, unless you are shipping relatively close and the package isn't very heavy. 


I didn't do the tree box yet. I'm waiting until a tree storage bag arrives in the mail. And may actually wait to discard it after we take the tree down. I put away an electronic cord (that I found in the sound bar box) and noticed there are a few empty boxes inside that we probably no longer need. I didn't take care of those yet, but they are on my list. Boxes can take up a lot of space! 

If you can't think of anything to toss or declutter, you might take a look around and see if you have extra boxes that can leave your home? Especially those that are empty! 

Do you save boxes? If so, why?

No comments:

Post a Comment