Thursday, February 4, 2016

Decluttering by Letters: D

I can tell some letters are going to be easier than others. I think D is probably one of the easier ones! The main idea of this little challenge of Decluttering the Alphabet is to get you thinking about what you have in your home that you don't need any more. You can grab one item each day or dig in and find many things that start with D, or any letter for that matter. The ultimate goal is to take a little time (as few as five minutes) to grab those items that no longer serve a purpose in your home. I've found that the decluttering bug eventually hits and you end up decluttering more than you expected. And often takes less time than you think!

Today, I found that my time was best spent decluttering my Dropbox! That is an online storage service. Mine was getting full, primarily of photos. I put the photos into folders by month (and year) and moved them to our expandable hard drive. I also made sure to keep only the photos I need long term. I have quite a few photos for the blog that once I use, don't need to be kept.


I have a lot of digital files to go through on my computer too. I have in the back of my mind that this is a goal I'm going to be working on all year. Although, maybe we'll have a month or couple weeks here, were we declutter our digital lives. 

Here are some ideas of other things that start with the letter D that you might consider decluttering in your own home:

Dishes
Dictionaries 
DVDs
Decorations
Dance costumes
Digital photos
Digital files
Desks and accessories
Dog items
Dolls
Dinosaurs (the toys)
Dishclothes
Duplicate items
Dresses
Dry goods (in your pantry)
Drinking glasses

What other D items can be decluttered? Did you declutter something starting with the letter D? Share in the comments! 




No comments:

Post a Comment