Sunday, February 28, 2016

Thinking Ahead to March Goals

The month of February is nearly done. I feel really good about the decluttering that happened this month in my home. As a follow up for the month, here's what I'm most proud of

  • I reviewed my high school yearbooks and decided they were all worth keeping
  • We reviewed a box of textbooks and found a few inches of class handouts to discard
  • We let go of things we haven't used in a long time (CD player and pearl necklace)
  • I discarded items that no longer bring me joy
  • We were strong and let go of items we were holding on to 'just in case' (folders and coffee maker)
I'm always on the look out for items to declutter, so that will likely continue in March, although I'm not going to make it my main focus. I'm more interested in getting some deep cleaning done in preparation for spring!  I'm primarily going to be working inside our home, but as it warms up I have a few tasks to do outside. 



Here's what I want to complete by the end of the month:
  • Dust all blinds
  • Clean windows (inside)
  • Deep clean master shower
  • Dust all baseboards
  • Dust ceiling for cobwebs
I'm confident I can complete those items above. If I get enough time and the weather is warm enough, I would like to do a deep clean of our covered porch (and the furniture on it). It has a lot of dust and debris that needs to be washed away so we can enjoy our time out there. 

I would like to add another monthly task (or two) to my routine beginning this month. The one that I can think of now is to clean out the microwave. It definitely needs to be done more often. I will be considering what kind of reminder will help me remember. I may need to have it repeat on my calendar and send me a reminder. 

Do you have goals for the month of March? Do you do any sort of spring cleaning in your home? Do you do these tasks in other months of the year? 

P.S. Definitely stop by the blog tomorrow. I did some decorating while decluttering!

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to continue to focus on decluttering this month. I started "mid-alphabet", so I'm going to use that idea again, using your old posts as a guide.

    We had a major victory yesterday - while the kids and I were out, hubby filled a Hefty bag full of old t-shirts, underwear, and socks! All by himself! And he hasn't even touched his closet yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That purge by your husband is fantastic! It sure helps when everyone is on board with the decluttering.

      Cheering you on as you finish the rest of the alphabet decluttering!

      Delete