Friday, October 14, 2016

Recycling Reminder Calendar

Every so often we forget to put our recycling out at the curb. This then creates an overflowing container for the next pickup. We have been pretty good lately at remembering, but I thought a calendar would help. We had a recycling company at another home provide dates for pick up, and it was right on our recycling container. I decided this might help a little as a way to check at a glance if the recycling needs to go out.

I printed a two year calendar on a 4x6 index card. I found a free printable template online, so that made it easy. My printer didn't exactly cooperate, and created a large margin through 2016. Since we are nearing 2017 I decided it didn't have to be perfect.


I circled the dates of pick up in green. Basically they pick up on the second and fourth Wednesday of each month. Not hard, but still can be confusing without looking at a calendar! 


I used clear packing tape to attach the calendar to the inside of the lid of the recycling container we use. The lid is usually off to the side, but close enough to take a look at. Yes, I printed my own recycling symbol awhile back too. Our recycler doesn't provide anything, but I wanted them to know this can IS recycling, not trash. 

Simple, helpful, and even free! 

No comments:

Post a Comment