Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Christmas Mission: Outdoor Decorations

This past weekend, we had about 45 minutes at home between events. I originally planned to put up our outdoor lights next weekend. However, I knew my husband and I could easily get one strand of lights up since the command hooks were already up from last year.



As it turns out, we were able to put out our porch tree as well! The porch tree is made of a tomato cage inserted upside down in a large pot and then wrapped with several strands of artificial greenery. I added two strands of white lights, some real pine cones and artificial berries. I believe the only thing I actually went out to purchase to make this several years ago were the berries. I keep it intact all year long.

I was able to find the lights, extension cords, and timer easily since they were all in the same Christmas bin. I think the entire task took less than 20 minutes!

My husband did ask about putting out more lights, but we currently don't have any more to put up. And honestly, I just want to keep it simple and call it done! Done feels good during this busy time of year.

Oh, and if you were curious, we are not turning the lights on until after Thanksgiving.

Will you decorate your home outside this year? How long do your decorations take to put up?

No comments:

Post a Comment