Thursday, November 10, 2016

Stress Free Christmas Preparations

Last year, and the year before I blogged about my holiday preparations. I was very interested last year to keep the holiday as stress free as possible. And I think for the most part it worked!



I made a conscious effort to plan ahead. Many tasks were done in November to keep the weeks of December peaceful and joyful. Part of the planning is to list, or brainstorm, what I want Christmas to look and feel like. And then another part is letting go of some of the items that appear on the list that may cause more stress than they are worth. I made sure to check with my family to make sure my decisions were acceptable to them. I don't want to take away someones favorite part of Christmas!

The planning stage, that one can start right now, is to begin breaking down the tasks that come with Christmas and what you want to accomplish. For example, will you be baking? If so, what items are you baking, how much and when will you bake? What ingredients do you need to buy, and when will you shop for them?

I have made myself a very simple Christmas Planner this year. It may be a little unnecessary, but I thought I would give it a try. I'm not saying a planner will create less stress. However, having easy access to my lists and recipes all in one place likely would be a time saver, as it will be all in one place. Pick one spot to keep all your holiday lists and that will easily make for a stress less holiday.




Are you making preparations for a stress less, stress free holiday?

No comments:

Post a Comment