Monday, April 10, 2017

Adding A New Habit

I'm adding a new habit to my life.

Cleaning and shining the kitchen sink every night before bed.

I usually run the dishwasher, and start the coffee maker. And often clean out the cat's food dish. But now, I'm ready to add a new routine.

Cleaning and shining the kitchen sink.

I just really like coming into the kitchen in the morning with everything clean and tidy. And this will assure I get the sink clean a little more often. And it turns out it only takes a couple minutes!


Over the years, I've found that adding a new habit to something I already do helps me integrate it to my life. Remember, how I've mentioned that I clean sheets on payday. I record income and pay bills on payday, and it makes it easy to remember I also clean sheets.

This is the same. I start the dishwasher and set up the coffee maker. It's easy to start adding a new habit to something I already do. That new habit is now the kitchen sink.

Anyone already do this? Anyone want to join me? I think I will post my shiny sink every now and then on Organized Friends to keep me accountable.

No comments:

Post a Comment