Friday, June 16, 2017

Zone Cleaning: Guest Room Tidy

I set the timer for 15 minutes to work a bit in our guest room. It's not that dirty since it doesn't get a lot use.

My first order of business was to move the items on the bed that I have listed for sale. These are mostly books. I moved them to a nearly empty closet in the hall way about ten steps outside this room.

Next up was dusting the room. I started at the door and moved my way around clockwise. Here's what I dusted: 
  • Door
  • Baseboards
  • Closet doors 
  • Top of headboard
  • Lamps and end tables
  • Window frame
  • Mirror and picture frames
And finally I did a quick vacuum of the rug.

Guess what? This only took EIGHT minutes. I'm not kidding. 

It is super easy to work in a room that is clutter free. The less you have, the less you have to move to dust and move around to get to other things. Declutter first before you tackle the zone cleaning. The cleaning can wait. 

Go set a timer! See what you can get done in 15 minutes. Let me know how it went for you. 

1 comment:

  1. 8 minutes is impressive for all of that! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete