Sunday, October 29, 2017

Getting Things Done: Decluttering

The month is winding down! A whole month of Getting Things Done has been fantastic motivation for me. It helped knowing you were following along with me and wanting to see what I accomplished. 

Did you think I would go the whole month and not declutter? I actually did. I didn't put it on my list, but something in the last couple days made me want to do a quick run through of most of the house to see if anything was ready to leave!

Hmm...maybe it was this box I found hiding in the guest room closet. Perfect box for putting donations in! 


I didn't photograph the entire process. But look at all the things that came out of our bedroom and closet!! I think I found a few things in a hall closet too. 


And the items below came from our bonus room upstairs. A few gift bags to let go of, the cardboard sleeves that come with DVDs. And some neglected exercise equipment.


And I did a quick look through my desk and file drawer. There are a month's worth of receipts hiding under that pile of papers. Paper can be so easy to keep, but hard to let go. It felt good to toss what I did. And honestly, I did avoid a few of the bigger files. Too overwhelming when I'm trying to move fast. 


I didn't take pictures of things I found in the kitchen, guest room and bathroom. But there were things we don't use lurking in the cupboards and closets. I really went fast making quick decisions. 

I found at least two things I think I can sell, so those will be put on eBay before the month ends. Maybe the proceeds will result in treating myself to a little reward for all the hard work this month! I'll pick up that treat on my way back from the donation center. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment