Saturday, October 28, 2017

Getting Things Done: Deep Cleaning the Shower

The shower in our rental home is my least favorite thing to clean. I love the look and size, but all those grout lines and porous stone in a humid climate do not mix!!



I clean it, but the mold stains persist. So on a semi regular basis I use a grout brush and an approved cleaner to scrub the grout lines really good. It's a bit gross how much gunk comes off in the process. And no I will not show you pictures!

I also use bleach to 'clean up' the mold on the caulked areas. I have found those bleach pens work fantastic for this process. It allows me to put the least amount of bleach possible on the caulk and keep it off the stone (at least until the rinsing process).

It looks better, but it still is far from perfect or looking brand new. Maybe that's why I put this process off...the results are not as satisfactory as I'd like.

Despite all of that...it's done!! Checked off the Getting Things Done list. And guess what? This is the last cleaning task you have to hear about from me this month!! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment