Sunday, November 26, 2017

Christmas Missions Completed: Week Four

I accomplished quite a bit more this week than last week. I hope you have also been making great use of the time in November to get some things done that will relieve the busyness and stress of the holiday season.




Bought Baking Ingredients
I bought most of my baking ingredients for the season while I was buying Thanksgiving groceries. I still have more to pick up at the store this coming week.

More Gift Buying
I bought a few more gifts this week. All online.

Gift Research
Spent time figuring out gift ideas for people on my list. This will help me get more shopping done in the coming week!

Wrap Gifts
I had intentions last week to get some wrapping done, but this week I actually did wrap about ten different items! More items are arriving in the mail this week, so I intend to wrap more on Friday afternoon.

Made Fudge
What starts the holiday weekend off like making dessert? My daughter and I made peanut butter fudge Tuesday after school. It has been taste tested, cut into very small squares and boxed up for the freezer.

Decorated For Christmas
Last year we decorated in stages, but this year we did it all in one afternoon. Twenty minutes at the most spent to put up a string of lights and put out my tomato cage tree (which is already set up). Next up was our main tree, which I will guess took 45 minutes for three of us to decorate. And finally, another 30 minutes to put our second tree up in our bonus room. I did have to buy more lights for that tomato cage tree. It wasn't easily accessible to test earlier this month and the lights were only partially working. This gave me an opportunity to upgrade to the LED version, so worth the extra trip to pick up new lights.

Next week, I hope to complete a majority of my Christmas shopping, as well as buying the final baking ingredients. I expect we will bake another one or two of our planned holiday cookies. I will wrap again. And because this week will turn to December, I will also do my December meal planning. I need to remember to double up a couple recipes and make use of the slow cooker to make some evenings easier!

What did you accomplish this week? What will you complete next week?






No comments:

Post a Comment