Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Healthy Snacks For Stressful Times

I'm pretty sure I'm a stress eater.

But in the last few weeks, I've noticed that I'm picking better snacks to eat during stressful and non stressful times. I thought I'd share, so that you too might be inspired to make healthier choices. Of course, pick the snacks that work for you!

Mandarin Oranges
They are back in season! They are sweet. They are easy to peel thus getting to eat immediately. And usually, I don't crave a second or third, like I do after eating a piece of fudge!



Apples & Peanut Butter
I do love peanut butter! Lately I've been making sure to only scoop out a tablespoon to have with my apple. I'm trying to make sure the apple is the star of this snack rather than the peanut butter. Once I remember to pick some up, I'm going to switch to almond butter.

Hummus & Celery
I discovered this hummus recipe a few months ago and it is fantastic! And then a friend sent a link to this article that has recipes for FOUR other kinds of hummus. I've tried the one with spinach and artichokes. Yummy! I have left out the tahini at times and found it tastes just as good, but still better with it. And my favorite item to devour the hummus with right now is celery. The crunch of the celery is just as good as munching on chips when it is dipped in hummus.



What is your go to healthy snack during the winter months?



No comments:

Post a Comment