Friday, January 5, 2018

Decluttering 2018 Items in 2018

Decluttering is definitely a part of being organized. And so many of us, jump on in January hoping to make this our year. And I really hope we all do! I have found it helps to have some sort of plan to make it happen.

I have seen people choose a room or rooms that need to be worked on. Others look to spend a certain amount of time per day or week decluttering. And some of us choose a number to focus on.

I'm choosing a number.

My plan is to declutter 2018 items!

Yes, that is a lot of stuff. And I'm nearly a minimalist, so I will admit it seems daunting. But I can't make it if I don't try. And I definitely won't look at it as failing if I don't reach or exceed that number. Anything that leaves our home that we no longer need is a good thing.

I found a chart (which is comprised of two pages) for checking off 2018 boxes. It can be downloaded free by providing your email here at Nourishing Minimalism. The rules are basically your own for how you count each item. I do know that if I'm doing files, I will likely count each and every piece of paper. I will not count mail or regular trash and recycling. I will count a box if it has been stored for awhile. I do have a couple of big items that if I actually do get rid of I will count as more than one item. I will probably make notes about those on the back of my tracking sheets.

You are more than welcome to join me in counting the items you declutter! And you can sure share any decluttering successes you have whether you are counting or not.

2 comments:

  1. I'll be joining you! Schools go back next week so I can start decluttering again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! That's great news. I think I will be a bit more focused next week, too.

    ReplyDelete