Monday, February 26, 2018

Monthly Task Tracker

In addition to using a tally list for my decluttering in 2018, I printed off a Monthly Task Tracker sheet. I'm pretty good at getting many cleaning tasks done on a somewhat regular basis, but I thought I'd add a few extra tasks to the list as reminders to get those accomplished each month.



My tasks consist of cleaning the fridge and sheets. I do the sheets on the two paydays of the month, but the fridge is not as easy to remember.

I'm also trying to get myself back on track to meal plan monthly (hasn't happened yet this year). So I have that to keep working towards.

Since I'm decluttering regularly, I figured I need to make charity drop off a regular monthly task to make sure all those items leave the house for good.

I added decluttering of photos (primarily my phone), computer files, paper files and receipts to keep on top of these things that seem to accumulate over time. I'm pretty good at getting the receipts out twice per month when I'm paying bills, so that one is easy. I want the other ones to become a similar habit where I at least cull through my paper files and see if anything can be let go. And phone photos...I don't need to keep all the ones I take for the purposes of this blog...so deleting those monthly is very helpful.

And finally, I realized I needed a monthly reminder to clip our kitty's nails. It's so easy to forget when you last did it and she can't tell me if they are bothering her, so I'm making a reminder. We had her for 13 years, so it's kind of sad I'm just now making a better point of doing this more regularly.

Oh, and did you notice I still need to do a few of my items for February? I'll likely pop up here after my writing to get that fridge wiped out. It does help to do that one when the fridge is not as full. I guess I'll come back in a couple days and show you my completed chart! At least I hope I get to check off all the items.

I found the printable here at One Mama's Daily Drama.

2 comments: