Monday, March 5, 2018

2018 Decluttering: My Husband Helps With Paper

I started working on our paper files again about two weeks ago. At that time, my husband found me going through files and I was asking questions of him. I didn't expect him to get involved at that time, but he was definitely not in the mood for paper decluttering!

This weekend he was ready. With no prompting from me! I told him what I was looking to accomplish primarily with his work records (military members have to save so much!!) The task was to look through three files and determine what needed to be saved and then to compare those saved items with the main folder we keep. My guess was that we had duplicates.


In the end he actually went through six large files! 

Here's some of the paper that no longer resides in our file cabinet. I know it is hard to tell from the picture the amount of paper that is. 



Once we added even more the paper pile looked like this before I began shredding. Over an inch worth of paper, maybe more.


I used a postcard we were tossing to make notes of how much paper I was shredding and recycling.


Finally tally for the weekend was 161 pieces of paper!!


And it's all shredded and ready to recycle. 

Current 2018 decluttering total is 1028! 
I'm more than half way to the goal!

1 comment: