Saturday, September 1, 2018

2018 Decluttering: August

The month of August has brought quite a bit of decluttering to our home, as we are beginning to downsize for our next move later this fall. It was so busy I failed to take good pictures, but I will share my 2018 Decluttering Checklist so you can see the progress!


My total items decluttered as of the end of July 2018 was 1759. My total for the end of August is 1980! Another 221 items out of the house. 

I did count two mattresses, headboards and their frames we sold as 60 since they were large items. 

I made one trip to Goodwill this month and that drop off was five bags worth of items, which I did count individually and recorded. 

I sold several items on eBay this month that are also included in the total. 

And just yesterday, my husband and I cleaned out the garage a bit. Because we expect to be renters awhile longer we decided to let go of garden items and various tools we would use for home repairs. We dropped these items off at the Habitat Restore in our town so that someone else can get use out of them. We counted these items as 60. There is one corner of our garage that has really opened up as a result! 

I'm starting to feel VERY confident I will exceed letting go of 2018 items in 2018. Only 38 items left to go! 




No comments:

Post a Comment