Tuesday, March 12, 2019

15 Minute Challenge: Progress on A Project

I have a project I want to complete with a deadline of the middle of June. Specifically, I want to put together a photo book for my husband for Father's Day. The book will include pictures of him with our two daughters. It's a big project, that will likely take hours.

I'm going to break some of the steps down into 15 minute blocks of time.

Today I spent 15 minutes pulling out photos.

These two boxes represent the printed photos I own from about 1996 to 2005. Previously, I had turned some photos vertically. These are ones I identified a couple months ago that could be the start of this project.

Today, I used scrap pieces of paper to note the description and date of the photos as a place marker in the box. I need to scan the photos, and I want to know where to return them in the box.





I was able to complete this task in 15 minutes. 


As you can see I have my pile set aside for scanning. 

I just realized, as I write this, that I could have scanned the photos straight from the box one at a time! Too late now, as they are pulled out! But next time, that would be my alternative plan.

Next time I work on this project, I will be scanning photos to the online program I plan to use. Probably in increments of 15 minutes at a time. 

Do you have a large project you could work on in 15 minute blocks of time? 

Tell me about what you completed when you set your timer for 15 minutes? 



No comments:

Post a Comment