Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Making Room For Books

We've lived in our new place for six months and these are the last two boxes that needed to be unpacked. In the last house they had a bookshelf that they resided on, but that bookshelf was on its last legs and was tossed before we moved. Thus when we arrived they had no home. It was time to make a home! 


You might ask why not buy a new bookshelf. That is a potential option, but a bookshelf will take up more floor space that we want it to in this particular room. 

This is my oldest daughter's room and a guest room since she is away at college most of the time. She still has a lot of sentimental keepsakes that we are storing for her right now. The first two photos are how I set it up after we moved in. It was similar to how she stored things in prior closets. 



I found several hangers, a pair of shoes, her graduation gown, some white plastic shelves and a fluffy stuffed ball to donate. I think there is far more that can go, but she needs to do that work next time she is here. I did have her permission to donate the items. 

This is where the plastic shelf from our front entry closet was moved to. The right side of the closet to store the books, which I stacked on two shelves. I put the items that had been on a lower set of shelves on the bottom. 


I made some adjustments of things on the left side, too. I moved the green and blue bins from the floor to the shelf. This made room for some of the art pads and picture frames to be leaned against the far left wall on the floor. And there is still some great space for hanging a few clothing items when guests arrive. I'm thinking the white shoe holder can probably go...it's empty! 


It feels so good to finally have emptied the last two boxes from our move! 
Do you store books in your closet? 

No comments:

Post a Comment