Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Wednesday 15 - May 13, 2015

The Wednesday 15!

I'm challenging you to find 15 items you can remove from your home, preferably not just basic household trash, but if you must it can count too. Is there a penalty for not meeting the goal? Of course not. One thing is better than none, right? Is there a reward for meeting the goal. Yes, the joy of finding more space in your home for things you love. Notice how you feel letting these items go that you just don't need. Often it is a feeling of satisfaction and peace. 


I went to our basement yesterday to complete one of the tasks on my list (empty a footlocker). I did that I was able to put all the things in it into another footlocker. As I combined them I was checking my boxes to see if I had any that would fit the items in the footlocker (which will all be sold this fall and winter). Once that was complete I noticed an item in a box ready to sell ( a Nook Color), but remembered I probably had the original box...which led me to the bin with electronics. Eventually, I was sorting that bin and finding things that needed to go. 

If you had me guess what my Wednesday 15 would be this week, I would not have come up with this stash at all. In fact the bin where I found most of these things was thinned out not to long ago. One pass isn't always enough. I clearly didn't look at everything closely because some software isn't even compatible with any computer we even own anymore! 

Cardboard, peanuts and shipping box to let go of

Software, phone instructions, phone receipts...and more


Getting rid of two cell phones and chargers


And see that image above? That is an plastic prepaid envelope for sending old phones to help those with domestic violence. I found four of them with the paperwork from our newer phones (that we got last year).  I like the idea that our old phones could help someone escape a bad situation. 

So it seems that if I just tackle some items on my list, it can lead to finding some items to let go of! How did you find your Wednesday 15 items? Did you have a plan on what to get rid of, or were did you just happen upon them? Share what you found this week here on the blog or on the Organized Friends Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment