Thursday, December 31, 2015

Good Bye 2015!

Wow! It's New Year's Eve.

It's been a busy and productive year. Plenty of decluttering and making space work for us in our homes. So many of us have found about 15 items each week, with the Wednesday 15 Challenge, to remove from our home. If you participated every week, that means you should have 780 fewer items in your home. That is quite a lot of stuff!! Those things were items we didn't like, didn't use or no longer served any purpose in our home. And yes, some of it was just plain trash hiding in our drawers and closets.

Not my garage, but it looks pretty good!

I feel so much better without all of it. I don't have one single regret. In fact, if I didn't have the blog I might not even know what I let go of this year. I know it was a lot however, since I tend to be as ruthless as possible when we move.

I'm wondering how much I have left to get rid of 2016. It is starting to feel as though I don't have a lot left, but I do. It's hidden in bins we rarely look in. And there are items stored in the garage for later...which often means never again to be used. I even see some of these things daily, but just chose to ignore. I guess I'm waiting for the right time to deal with it. Or the right motivation!

I'm committed to keep decluttering all year long in 2016. It may not be as much as 2015, but even one item a day will likely keep our belongings from overwhelming our mostly clutter free home. Will you join me in decluttering again in 2016? I'd also like to know if you have any ideas for a new decluttering challenge for 2016. And are you pleased with your 2015 decluttering progress?

No comments:

Post a Comment