Friday, December 15, 2017

15 Minutes of Relaxation

It's that time of year where many of us are in the midst of stress.



It's stressful to deal with weather, and the overexcitement of children, the extra duties that come with the holiday's. And yes, it's stressful to shop with a deadline!

And while I'm much more relaxed now that my shopping and baking are complete, I still need to make time for me. To let the mind and body relax.

Today I took a warm bath while listening to relaxing music. And yes, it was relaxing enough that I took a deep relaxing breath, maybe even a few times.

Last night I made a cup of tea, snuggled up on the couch under a blanket and read a book on my phone for thirty minutes. Me time...no thinking what others need. No worries about what needed to get done.

I'm also a fan of meditation. The guided versions that remind me to relax my body. So many can be found online for free. You will find your body really likes to relax if you give it space to do so.

Can you do yourself a favor?

Take 15 minutes to relax every day. See if you can't make yourself a priority for 15 minutes each day until the end of the year. Just imagine what a gift that will be for you to yourself! You deserve it. We all do.

1 comment: