Monday, December 18, 2017

Next Year's Christmas Plans

The planning for Christmas this year has wrapped up. But I want to make some notes of what I need to remember and/or change for next year. I actually already made these notes in my planner, but I figured I would share with you, too. I often look back at my own posts to help me remember! Maybe you will make your own list to help in your planning for next year.



Wrapping
Set up craft table wrapping station. Wrapping on the floor is too hard on my body!

Baking
I made a DOUBLE batch of ginger crinkle cookies (buy ingredients for this). In addition to the ginger cookies, we made peanut butter fudge, chocolate covered caramel pretzels (do not make again, messy) double chocolate mint cookies (also a double batch). Planned to make butter cookies as well, but did not. We had plenty!

Mailing
I printed free letterhead for a couple letters I mailed from this website. I mailed three cards. Next year may send four or five. Will need more cards. I took advantage of the USPS package pickup to avoid the post office.

Lights
New lights we purchased were GE 300 count LED for the large tree. Also purchased 2 GE 50 count LED for outdoor tomato cage tree. Lights were purchased at Lowe's.

Stocking Stuffer Reminder
I buy my daughter chocolate covered sunflower seeds each year for her stocking. She likes the tradition of it. I often have a hard time remembering where I purchased them. This year I bought them at Hobby Lobby. Oh, and I actually bought too many stocking stuffers, I still gave them, but had to wrap some! So I could likely cut back next year.

What do you want to take note of for next year? I keep mine in my Christmas planner. Where will you put yours so that you remember?


No comments:

Post a Comment