Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Removing the Crumbs of Life

I have tackled one of those items on my procrastination list! And it was one that was starting to gross me out. Crumbs! Crumbs in my kitchen cabinets and drawers.



I think in the midst of making food in a kitchen crumbs are bound to happen. At least I think it isn't just me and my family! The ones I was noticing the most were found in the cabinet under our stovetop. I keep my large pots and crockpot in there. I would see them when I was in the middle of making dinner or putting away clean dishes. It never seemed like a good time to wipe them up. Although in reality that was the perfect time to act on it.



I spent the beginning of my Tuesday morning listening to iTunes podcasts and cleaning the lower cabinets and drawers in my kitchen. I like to engage my mind while doing mundane tasks, don't you?

I pulled all items out of each cupboard first. The second step was to use my vacuum attachment to suck the crumbs up and away. After that, I simple used a damp cloth to wipe down the surfaces. And since it was damp, I was able to immediately put the items back in. And as I like to do, I organized the items as I went. I didn't really find many things to let go of while doing this task, but this is a great time to consider each item before you put them back in!

I'm thinking this is a task that could be added to a master cleaning schedule as quarterly or semi annually. I don't actually have a master cleaning schedule, but it seems that if I were to make one that would be how I would start off. It could be adjusted if the frequency is too often or not often enough.

What crumbs of your life have you tackled lately?




No comments:

Post a Comment