Sunday, November 19, 2017

Christmas Missions Completed: Week Three

Yes, I know it's still November but I've accomplished quite a bit this week for our Christmas preparations. I have found it is key to reducing stress and enjoying the holiday more. I'm sharing what I have done to keep me motivated and possibly inspire you along the way.

Sewing Project Complete
I completed the pajama pants and matching doll pajamas for my niece this week. They both turned out fantastic! I only had one mistake I had to correct (luckily that was early in the project). I specifically made the point to get this done early. I knew I didn't want to be frantically trying to put something together in December!



Shopping
This week was full of shopping. I wouldn't say I was very efficient at it, but I did find several gifts on my list to cross off. Some of the shopping was in stores, and a few things were bought online. There is still more to do, but I have made a good progress for mid November.

Thanksgiving Meal Planning
We are staying home for Thanksgiving this year. There will only be the three of us here. So I've been browsing recipes and ideas on Pinterest. I finally decided we are going to make Pot Pies (two chicken, one vegetarian) and a side salad. This will be more than filling. And yes, I think the required pumpkin pie is also on the menu


That seems like a short list of completed tasks, but I am very pleased with what I got done. Everything I do now in November helps ease the stress and busyness of the holiday. I also made sure to take some time to relax. I even watched a movie one afternoon!

What can tasks could you do this week to prepare for your holidays?

No comments:

Post a Comment