Monday, April 22, 2019

Reorganizing the Front Closet

About a week ago, I decided to reorganize our front entry closet. I'm sure this is at least the third time since we moved in. It takes time to get it just right after moving!

The first photo is a mid process photo. I got started before I remembered to take pictures. The plastic shelf was holding our cat carrier on top and board games on the middle two shelves and some miscellaneous boxes on the bottom shelf. There are four dining room chairs, two table leaves, and a folding chair to the left in the closet.


The first step was to remove the plastic shelf and relocate the games. I put the games in another hallway closet where there was plenty of room! I found two items to let go of in the process of moving them. I may be able to stack up higher all on one shelf at some point. I'm happy with it for now!


I'll show you where the plastic shelf went in a future post. I did find a use for it! 

Here are the three after photos.

It's hard to tell from the before photos, but I ended up making more use of the built in shelves. Good idea right? Pictures had been flat, and carrier was on the plastic shelf unit. I'll be honest there are few things on that shelf that I kind of think we no longer need...but this reorganization is progress!

The table leaves are leaning against the back wall behind the coats. And I did leave some boxes on the floor for convenience. 




My before photo didn't show that all four of the dining chairs were stuffed to the left of the closet. We have two that are upside down and resting on ones that are upright. Now, I have two on each side of the hanging items which are centered for easy accessibility. I've made use of the space on the chairs to store bags and some mailing and packing materials. 


This picture below shows a speaker system we are attempting to sell, but that is the area where the other set of chairs had been stored before. It's a deep closet, but I like that almost everything is along the back wall now.


 In one home, I stored them under the stairs to the basement. I loved that place for storing them! Our last house had a large dining rooms so we just moved them to the corners for storage. We are back to needing them out of our dining space unless we expand the table. Do you have extra chairs and table leaves that you have to store? Where do you store yours? 


No comments:

Post a Comment