Friday, October 20, 2023

Bit by the Decluttering Bug

 I have decluttering to share with you this week! 

But first, enjoy this sunrise picture I took from my house this week. I have a practice of taking a sunrise picture nearly every morning. And this one had me taking about ten photos because it kept changing and was so beautiful!!


First up...a few pieces of clothing from my husband's closet. I was putting away laundry and remembered he mentioned a particular pair of pants that he didn't like. I pulled them and the shirt he purchased with them. I also pulled a shirt from 20 years ago, which he hasn't worn in a long time and appears to be too big. He didn't let me get rid of the white one, but the two other and the hangers are outta here! 


October is a good month to check on the spices for expiration before the holidays. I also was able to see what spices I was nearly out of. It was about six!! 

Nutmeg, never opened and expired earlier this year. Apparently I don't use nutmeg. Now I wonder why it was even purchased! 


Below are the spices I tossed and recycled. I have purchased two of the six I was almost out of. Seems I hto find another store to find the others. 


Recently came across an essential oil bottle that was already empty. Decided to check my stash and found four more (on the left). The four on the right are close to empty and I will probably use up by the end of the month. 

I don't have a picture, but I did decide to get rid of an insulated gallon water jug. It's been stored in my kitchen cabinet, not used once in the two years since we have lived here. It will be donated at the end of the month. 

Not a big declutter, but all the decisions feel good. Did you declutter anything this week? 


No comments:

Post a Comment