Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Spring Cleaning: Bedding & Throw Blankets

As part of my somewhat random spring cleaning this season, I realized I really, really needed to wash our throw blankets. I know some have been washed more than others. I guess you don't need the stories about each of them and possibly how dirty they were. The point is I washed them all. Just one load. And then two tumbles through the dryer on the low setting. I used low heat since one of those is handmade. 


I also make a point each spring (and often fall) to fully clean all the bedding. I can say now that the master bedroom quilt and shams are clean once again. Up next, will be my daughter's bedding. I'm throwing in the mattress pad, her quilt and a blanket she uses regularly. We used to use very thick comforters in the winter when we lived in the Midwest. I would take those to the laundry mat at least twice per year.

Now I don't usually wash pillows. I have washed some in the past, but they get lumpy. I tend to buy very cheap pillows at Target. Then every two yeas,  I just toss them in the trash.  Maybe that is wasteful, but I figure it is healthier than using them far too long unwashed. I might try washing a few and see how it goes. If I do, I will let you know!

Do you make a point to wash all your bedding, such as comforters, blankets and throws in the spring? How many throw blankets do you own? Is five minimal or too many?

No comments:

Post a Comment