Thursday, March 23, 2017

Spring Cleaning: Getting the Gunk out of the Drain

We have a stall shower in our bathroom. That drain gets kind of gross under that metal piece (I don't know what to call it). And because it is screwed in, it doesn't get cleaned out too often. As part of my spring cleaning, I decided to take a few minutes to get that yucky task done.


I had a bag nearby in case I pulled up hair. Luckily, there was very little in there. I bought a drain screen that I put down over each time I shower to catch most of my hair. It works really well! I used some scrubbing bubbles to scrub the back side of the metal piece and the white part of the drain that is visible and easy to get to once the cover is off. 


It looks so much better, and only took about ten minutes including gathering my supplies and returning them. Unfortunately, one of the screws fell down the drain! So be careful, if you do your own. I will be buying a new screw to replace the one I dropped. 

Do you do any drain cleaning as part of your spring cleaning?

No comments:

Post a Comment