Monday, October 16, 2017

Getting Things Done: Church Pew Painted

Wow! This project was years in the making. And the inspiration for this month's series, 31 Days of Getting Things Done.

I blogged awhile back about this church pew I inherited about four years ago. It was nearly stripped, but needed more work before staining or painting could begin. At that time I was attempting to strip with a chemical stripper. It worked, but it was messy and seemed to take forever. I gave up.

Early this summer when the weather was cooler and I had time, I decided to sand it. That worked fantastic. And yes, it did get messy, but I vacuumed up that sawdust with little effort. And then it got hot, and I was undecided on what color to paint it.

Eventually, I did decide on a paint color while I was waiting for the weather to change. And then a sale on paint popped up at the end of September at Sherwin Williams, so I had my paint order filled there. Once I had paint in hand, I knew the final step was just to Get It Done!!

Before

And now it's final stage...



Okay, although I'm calling it done, I didn't actually paint the underside of the seat. So that still needs to be done. And, I need to put some felt pads on the bottom of the pew so they don't scratch the wood floor. I'll add those to the list and hope to get one or both of them done before the month ends.

Edited to add: I did get the felt pads on the legs! Another task done. 

So happy to have this bigger project marked off! In fact, I'm happy dancing!!

Do you have a project or task on your list that made you dance for joy once it was completed?



No comments:

Post a Comment