Monday, October 23, 2017

Getting Things Done: Sewing A Tree Skirt

This is one of those things I have intended to do for at least two Christmases. It might be three. We purchased a second tree a few years back and I never bought a tree skirt for it. My intention has always been that I likely could make one for less than I could buy one. And I think that is true although I know you can get them on clearance and sales, but you also have to like it!

This was the year where I thought ahead and realized this month would be a great time to get that done and ready before Christmas arrives!

Liberty loves tree skirts, so she had to check this one out!
It seems she approves. 

I did take three different trips to the store to find all the items I needed, as well as to take advantage of coupons. I spent approximately $17 for the items I needed. I had the red ribbon and the thread already on hand.



I also had some hesitation picking out the fabrics. What if they aren't right? Maybe I should come back another day! That kind of hesitation. I think it helped that my husband was along to at least tell me I wasn't making the worst choices ever! It may not be exactly what I pictured, but it is going to coordinate and actually function as a tree skirt.



Another item checked off the Getting Things Done list this month! Has anyone made their own tree skirt? Do you have any holiday tasks to finish this month?

P.S. I have to tell you I actually got out my Christmas tree while making this!! I need to make sure it was not too big or not too small, but just right. So I had to add putting tree away to my list. That's done, so yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment